Instagram introduced its business profiles in 2016. Ever since its inception, the need for creating an Instagram business account has brought in a whole new era of social media marketing. The advantages of having an Instagram business account have been tremendous.
With the introduction of business accounts, contact buttons have emerged, Instagram purchasing has gained in popularity, and the platform has developed its own metrics. Everyone now has an Instagram business profile, from businesses to startups to influencers.
Follow our blog to know more about how to create an Instagram business account and the best tips for using Instagram for business.
What is an Instagram Business Account?
Instagram users can choose an Instagram business account as a free professional profile option. A business profile comes with a few additional social media marketing tactics than a personal profile, including:
- Instagram metrics for reach, impressions, and demographics of followers.
- The user can run Instagram advertising and promote posts.
- Have multiple contact options, such as a phone number, an email address, and a physical address for your business.
- Inclusion of action buttons.
If you run a brand and have an Instagram plan for selling things, marketing your business, or simply increasing brand awareness through engagement, you’ll profit from a business account on Instagram. You can lean on creating an Instagram account for business easily by following the steps listed below.
How to Create an Instagram Business Account ?
Creating an Instagram business account from scratch is an easy process. If you are new to Instagram follow the steps below and create your business account within no time.
- You can download the Instagram mobile app on iOS or Android and then select the “Create New Account” option.
- For your new Instagram business account, choose a username.
- You can Include your phone number or email address.
- After that select the Signup option.
Your Instagram profile has now been created. You’ll be provided with a personal account by default, so here’s how to change to a business account!
- In the lower right corner of the app, click on your Instagram profile.
- From the top right corner, press the menu button.
- You can select the “Settings” option and scroll down to “Account”.
- Then select “Switch to Professional Account” at the bottom of the menu.
- Swipe through the Professional account’s features and select Continue.
- You can choose a Category for your brand from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, choose “Business” as your account type.
- You should review your contact information before moving on to the next step.
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook business page, or build a new Facebook page.
You now have an Instagram account for your business! You’ll see a list of tasks to complete your onboarding process on the following page. They include:
1. Complete your Profile
To complete your profile information, select the profile button in the bottom right corner, then click on the “Edit Your Profile” button. This is where you add the rest of the details.
Fill in the areas for your bio and contact information. You can learn about creating the best Instagram bio for business by visiting our page.
The only location on Instagram where you can use a clickable URL is here. Your URL will direct people to your preferred business website or blogs. Therefore always provide your business URL for people to explore and engage.
2. Explore the Business Tools
To complete your profile and take advantage of the resources available, select the “Try Instagram for Business Tools” option and follow the self-guided steps and instructions. Here’s how you get started using Instagram’s business tools, according to Instagram.
3. Connect your Facebook Page
Your next step is to connect your Facebook Page if you’re creating or switching to a business profile. To perform this action, you’ll need admin access to your business’s Facebook page. Your business profile is ready to go as you confirm which Facebook Page you want to connect to your Instagram account.
4. Start Sharing Content
After creating a Instagram business account and completing all the processes you are ready to share content on your page. Before you start following people, it’s a good idea to have a photo or two on your account. People aren’t encouraged to follow an account that doesn’t have any content.
Sharing quality content will also help you to boost your Instagram engagement rate thereby actively interacting with your followers.
You can learn how to create Instagram content with high quality for your business by visiting our page.
How to Change Your Instagram to a Business Account from an Existing Profile.
As you have noticed, creating a business account on Instagram is an easy step. Now that you understand the process of creating an Instagram business account from scratch, let’s have a look at how to make an Instagram for business account from an existing profile step by step.
- You can select the Settings option from your existing profile in the mobile app.
- After that click on the “Account” option.
- Next select Switch to Professional Account.
- Select Business.
- Examine your company’s contact details before moving on.
- Connect your Facebook account to your business or create a new one.
That’s it! You have a new Instagram business account.
Why Should You Switch to an Instagram Business Account?
Let’s take a more in-depth look at some of the features and tools that make Instagram for Business so great!
1. Instagram Insights for Professional Accounts
You can access your professional dashboard by clicking the Insights button on your profile. Inside are the following features:
- A breakdown of accounts reached (and impression sources such as home, hashtags, and others)
- Profile visits, website visits, etc.
- Highest performing content in Posts, Stories, and IGTV
- Content with the highest interaction rate (likes, comments, shares, and saves)
- A description of the demographics of the audience (location, age, gender, and peak times of activity)
- The number of followers and unfollowers (followers and unfollowers)
2. Create and Manage Ads
You can advertise on Instagram and easily promote a post from within Instagram by creating an Instagram business account. To create an Instagram promotion from an existing post, simply tap the Promote button on your profile and select the end destination (your Instagram profile, website, or direct message).
Your next step is to choose your audience or create a custom audience, set your budget, and send your ad for approval! That’s it!
You can also manage paid ads, set budgets, and collaborate with Instagram Influencers and Creators through Facebook Ads Manager!
3. Action Buttons for Instagram Business Accounts
Instagram for Business has a new feature called action buttons.
Instagram developed action buttons as part of COVID-19 to create digital interactions and experiences that support small businesses on the platform. Here’s a quick look at the Action buttons that are available on your profile!
- Place an order for food.
- Customers can schedule appointments for services through integration.
- You can now offer customers the possibility of reserving tables at your restaurant or cafe through integrations.
4. Instagram Shopping and Checkout
With Instagram Shops, you can now shop directly on the platform, and business profiles can connect their storefront to Facebook and Instagram to build a product catalogue directly on their profile!
After you’ve set up Instagram Shops, you can also tag products directly in posts and stories. A viewer can make a purchase by tapping your shoppable post and will be taken to the item in your shop!
A new feature called Instagram Checkout will allow shoppers to buy directly from the app, which will be rolled out globally soon. Shoppers can purchase items directly from your website landing page in global regions outside of the United States.
5. Auto Posting with an Instagram Business Account
Instagram business profiles have the advantage of enabling auto-posting. Business owners who want to plan their Instagram content in advance will find this feature useful.
At the moment, Instagram’s API only allows auto-posting for business accounts. Therefore, this feature cannot be accessed from a Creator or Personal account.
A business account on Instagram should be your first choice if you plan and create consistent content on Instagram for your account.
Instagram Business Account Strategy
Having your Instagram business account up and running will allow you to interact with friends and clients while building your brand. After you’ve mastered posting and interacting with Instagram, it’s time to think about how it can help you to increase your Instagram leads and grow your business.
Check out the best tips on creating a successful strategy and other tips for growing your business on Instagram by following our page.
Once you set a stable foundation for your business in social media, you may need the help of a business managing tool to run your small business easily. You can sign up on Zenys for free and use our free business management tools for organising finances and managing your business.