Are you typing the same emails again and again for different customers? That could take you a lot of time. With Zenys you can create pre-set templates and save them for reuse. Let’s look deep into how you can create email templates.
Create Email templates
- Click on your profile icon and select ‘Settings’. Under the ‘Communication’ section click on ‘ Email’.
- Click on “ Add New Template”.
- From the drop-down menu choose your “template for” option. ‘Template for’ option lets you set emails to different types.
For example, if the email template you are creating is intended for sending a welcome email when a contact is created, then choose the contact template option. If you want to create a due payment email template, choose ‘Invoice’ as the ‘template for’ option. Similarly, you can send emails in other views such as sales, services, quotations, collections etc.
- Next, enter the text.
- Add merge fields to your email and make it personalized. Using the merge field you get an option to add fields such as the customer’s first name, email address, company name etc. (Read further to find out how you can add merge fields.)
- After entering the text, click on “Save Template”.
How to add merge fields?
How about an easy way to update any kind of contact/ sales information in your email without having to type them manually? Using merge fields in your email templates you can easily do that.
Merge fields are tags that can be used in your emails which are replaced by the appropriate content that you have stored. Merge fields are also a great way to make your emails look personalized, even without having to create them separately.
For example, if you need to include your contact’s email address in the email, you simply have to select the corresponding merge field at the place where you want to display the email address. Let’s see how you can add merge fields in your email template.
- Follow the first four steps are mentioned above.
- In the text, wherever you want to add merge fields enter ‘#’ and a drop down menu will appear. The menu options will vary depending on the ‘template for’ option you choose. If you choose ‘contact’ as the ‘template for’’ option the following will appear in the merge field menu.
- Choose from the options, the merge field you want to add. Once you have completed the text, click ‘Save template’.