Download Free Invoice Templates | 20+ Formats in Word, Excel and PDF
Browse through 20+ GST Invoice formats in Word, Excel and Google Sheet. and download the templates for free.
- Invoice Format in Excel
- Invoice Template in Word
- Invoice Format in PDF
- Invoice Template in Google Sheets
- Tax invoice format in Excel free download
- Tax invoice format in Word free download
- Invoice Format for Freelancers
- Which Invoice Format Should You Use?
- Mandatory Fields in an Invoice
- How to Create an Invoice
- Altenratives to Invoice Templates
Download Invoice Format in PDF, Word and Excel
Download free invoice templates for excel, Word,PDF or Google Sheets formats!
Apply your brand colours, logo and signature and send professional invoices to your customers.
We also provide you free quotation formats in Excel, Word and PDF formats, a guide on how to create an invoice with all the important details required in it.
Before you dive in try using our invoice software that can help you generate an invoice online in minutes.
More Billing Formats in Word and Excel
Download free invoice templates for Excel, Word or Google Sheets.
Invoice Format on Excel
MS Excel is the best choice to create professional invoices. You can add item details, tables, columns and formulas easily. You can also add your company logo and signature to make your invoice look personalized.
Our invoice Excel templates are created with fields and tables with formulas. All you need to do is fill out the fields and then enter the item details. The taxes and total amount will be automatically calculated. We have selected some of the most commonly used invoice templates. You can download the GST invoice format in PDF and also customize them as per your requirements.
Create Customizable Professional Invoices
Sign up to Zenys and enjoy a lot more amazing features!
Invoice Template in Word
If you want to create simple invoices without any complex formulas or fields, MS Word is the ideal choice for you. It is easier to design your invoice and make it look attractive by adding your brand colour theme, logo and signature.
You can also choose your favourite template from the above samples and download them. After that, you can fill out the fields and save them and send them to your clients.
Need more templates? We have more free invoice format in Word created in different layouts. Choose your favourite template and download it.
Invoice Format in PDF
Google Sheet Invoice Template
Google Sheets are flexible and very easy to use. There is no worry about losing your invoice. You can access them anywhere, anytime and also give access to any of your team members if you need them to review your invoice. And, on top of that, you can create invoices in a very professional way.
Take a look at our attractive invoice templates in google sheets and then choose the one that best suits your business. Simply fill out the fields and download your invoice in the desired format and send it to your customers.
Invoice GST Format
If you are a GST registered business, you might need to create invoices with GST. That’s why we also provide invoice with GST invoice format in Word and Excel with fields to add SGST, CGST and IGST rates. You simply need to enter the invoice details, item list and tax rates in the GST invoice format in Excel or Word. The total tax amount will be automatically calculated and displayed in the template. To download GST invoice format in PDF check out our invoice generator tool.
You can find more templates on our invoice template with GST page. We also offer free GST invoice format in Excel and Word. Select the right invoice GST format for you and download them for free.
Invoice Format For Freelancers
Are you a freelancer looking for an invoice format in Excel or Word?
We have templates that are designed specifically for freelancers with fields to enter how many hours you worked, your hourly rate, the total charge for the service and other freelance-specific fields.
Want to make your whole process of invoicing simple? You must definitely check out our free tool for freelancers for invoicing and collecting online payments from customers. You can easily create invoices, send them to customers directly and collect payments from them online. Sign up and start your free trial today!
Which invoice format should I use?
The ideal invoice format is the one that fits the industry you are in. Some businesses might require customized fields that are relevant to their business. So, the first thing to consider is what type of invoice you require. The right invoice for your industry will contain fields that are appropriate to the services or products you offer.
For example, if you are a freelancer you might be working at an hourly rate. So you require an invoice template with fields that contain your period of work and total rate for the time taken to complete the work.
There are more factors that you should consider when choosing an invoice format.
1. How many invoices do you send often?
If you are running a business in which you need to create more than one invoice a month we highly recommend you choose an invoice software. Your invoicing process will be more simplified and organized leaving you more time to concentrate on your business.
You can try using Zenys business management tool as it helps you with every part of your invoicing process. Here are some of the highlights of the tool:
- Storing customer information
- Easy to create invoices for each customer or sale
- Sending invoices directly to your customers.
- Tracking of invoices
- Online payment collection
There are many more you can do with Zenys. Start your free trial and see if it works for your business.
If invoicing is not done often then you can choose a simple invoice format in Excel or Word. You can check out our invoice templates and choose the simple invoice format and customize it as per your needs.
2. How many products/services do you offer?
It is important that you check whether the invoice format you choose contains the right fields and space to add your products or services. If you are selling only a few products or offering a few services you can choose a simple invoice format in PDF, Word or Excel.
When you want to add a long list of items to your invoice make sure you choose an invoice format that is designed with the right amount of space and rows. In case you are offering services it is always better to check if the item list or the table is arranged in a very clear manner with extra rows to add the description of your service.
Check out more tips on how to choose the right invoice format.
Mandatory Fields in an Invoice
Planning to create an invoice on your own? There are certain fields that are essential in an invoice that you don’t want to miss out on. So, make sure you are sending out an invoice to your clients that helps you get paid fast.
Here are the important details that you need in an invoice. Include all these fields in your invoice and make it look professional.
- Your Business Name and Contact Details ( Add GST No. if applicable)
- Your Company Logo
- Name and Contact Details of your client
- Invoice number- You can add a unique invoice number so that it is easier for you to track invoices.
- Invoice Date – Date on which the invoice is created
- Payment Terms- By when your customer is supposed to make the payment and any other terms. Know more about commonly used payment terms in this article.
- List of products/ services provided with its name and description along with the quantity, rate and tax (if applicable)
- Tax rate for the item and total tax charged (if applicable)
- Discount ( if applicable)
- Shipping charges ( if applicable)
- Total amount – inclusive of tax, discounts or shipping charges if applicable
- Also a personal line thanking your client for their business
- Lastly your Signature
You can easily create invoices without having to manually input all the fields by simply using our online invoice generator. All you have to do is fill in the fields provided in the template. Hence no worries about missing out on any important information. You can download the invoice and send it to your clients.
How to Create an Invoice
Using our free invoice formats you can create invoices in just minutes. Here is a step by step process of how to create an invoice using our invoice format samples.
- Choose your favourite invoice format from the samples given above and download it.
- Also you can customize your invoice template by adding your company logo.
- Enter your business name and contact information.
- After that, enter your client’s name and up to date contact information.
- In the item list, add your item name and description.
- Next to each item enter the quantity of the product you offer and the rate per quantity.
- Add the tax rate if applicable
- For instance, if you are using MS Excel, the total amount will be automatically calculated.
- Now, you can add your signature at the bottom of the template in the field provided.
- Add a Thank You note, especially if you like to make the client a repeat customer.
Know more about how you can create an invoice using different tools like MS Excel, MS Word or invoice generators.
Alternative to Invoice Templates
Your invoices are meant to look professional and create an impression on your clients. You don’t want them to look shabby or unprofessional.
Let’s be honest here. Customizing your invoices in Excel or Word could be a disorganized and time-consuming process, especially when you need to create more than one invoice a month. One of the main cons of MS Excel is that it doesn’t look appealing. Therefore some prefer using MS Word, but it lacks the usability MS Excel provides.
Here is the best solution to it. Switch to our GST Invoice Generator. Using this software for GST invoice creation, you’ll only need to fill out the fields in the template provided. As a result, with a lot more features and without spending a penny you can create the best and most professional invoice.