Want to track your support tickets based on different stages? Customize the stages in your support cycle to your needs and make it easier to track. Also, add additional fields for recording important ticket information.
Dive in and find out how you can do them.
Step 1 – Adding Pipeline and Stages
- Click on your profile icon on the top right corner and select ‘Settings”. Click on the ‘Ticket Settings’.
- Under the Pipeline and Status tab, click on the edit icon next to the status names displaced.
- Add the new status name and click ‘Save’. ( You can give the names based on how you categorize your tickets.)
- Enable ageing to set the maximum age days for each ticket stage.
- To add a new stage, click on ‘Add Status’ and enter the value for the stage. Once done, click ‘Add’.
Step 2 – Add Additional Fields
You might need to capture additional information about your ticket other than the default fields we provide. See how you can store the data.
- Under the Additional fields click on the ‘Add Field’ button.
- Enter the Field name and the field type (text area, input field, category, number or date).
- Fill in the next field according to the field type you have chosen.
- Once done click Save.
While you add a support ticket you will be able to see the additional fields and values you have customized in the ‘Add Ticket ’ form pop up.
Step 3 – Customize Ticket Fields
You might have different names to refer to your customers, sales and other activities. Change the field names to suit your organization’s requirements and make it easier to use the tool for your needs.
Here you can customize the ticket field names, change field names and configure which fields are to be displayed and which are mandatory.
- Under the Field Customization tab click on the pen icon to edit the ticket field names.
- To customize fields for a ticket and configuring which are to be displayed, enter the names in the “display name’ field next to the field to be customized.