Check out how to customize and add additional field to store important information about your products.
Here, we will learn how to:
Step 1 – Customize Product Fields
You might have different names to refer to your customers, sales, products and other activities. Change the field names to suit your organization’s requirements and make it easier to use the tool for your needs.
Here you can customize the product field names, change field names and configure which fields are to be displayed and which are mandatory.
- Click on your profile icon on the top right corner and select ‘Settings”. Click on the ‘Product Settings’.
- Under the Field Customization tab click on the pen icon to edit the product field names.
- To customize fields for a product and configuring which are to be displayed, enter the names in the “display name’ field next to the field to be customized.
Step 2 – Add Additional Fields
You might need to capture additional information related to a product other than the default fields we provide. See how you can store the data.
- Under the Additional fields click on the ‘Add Field’ button.
- Enter the Field name and the field type (text area, input field, category, number or date).
- Fill in the next field according to the field type you have chosen.
- Once done click Save.
Step 3: Adding Product Units
- Under the Field Customization tab, click on the Edit icon in the product units section.
- Enter the unit options separated by commas in the field provided. Once done, click ‘Update’