Record your expenses by customizing the expense field to your requirements. If you have a common expense field (eg: travel expense) that you need to use in every sale, all you need to do is set them as a preset field and record the values. Want to know how? Take a look at the steps.
Step 1: Adding a Category
- Click on your profile icon on the top right corner and select ‘Settings”. Click on the ‘Expense Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Add Category’ button.
- Add the expense value for the category in the pop-up form displayed and click ‘Add’.
Step 2 – Add Additional Fields
You might need to capture additional information about your expenses other than the default fields we provide. See how you can store the data.
- Under the Additional fields click on the ‘Add Field’ button.
- Enter the Field name and the field type (text area, input field, category, number or date).
- Fill in the next field according to the field type you have chosen.
- Once done click Save.
While you add an expense you will be able to see the additional fields and values you have customized in the ‘Add Expense’ form pop up.
Step 3 – Customize Expense Fields
Change the field names to suit your organization’s requirements and make it easier to use the tool for your needs.
Here you can customize the expense field names, change field names and configure which fields are to be displayed and which are mandatory.
- Under the Field Customization tab click on the pen icon to edit the expense field names.
- To customize fields for expenses and configuring which are to be displayed, enter the names in the “display name’ field next to the field to be customized.