Different businesses have different ways of referring to their customers. It can be patient, client, customer, student, applicant etc. In the contact settings, you can customize the module name, add additional fields to store important data of your customer and customize the customer stages to track their lifecycle.
In this guide we’ll show you how to:
Step 1- Customizing Pipeline and Contact Status
Your business might have a different method of tracking the customer cycle. We’ve got you covered in this. You can customize the contact status fields by giving status names (eg: lead, prospect, opportunity) that suit your requirements.
- Click on your profile icon on the top right corner and select ‘Settings”. Click on the ‘Contact Settings’.
- Under the Pipeline and Status tab, click on the edit icon next to the status names displaced.
- Add the new status name and click ‘Save’. ( You can give the names based on how you categorize your contacts in their customer journey.)
- Enable ageing to set the maximum age days for each customer stage.
- To add a new stage, click on ‘Add Status’ and enter the value for the stage. Once done, click ‘Add’.
Step 2 – Add Additional Fields
You might need to capture additional information about your contact other than the default fields we provide. See how you can store the data.
- Under the Additional fields click on the ‘Add Field’ button.
- Enter the Field name and the field type (text area, input field, category, number or date).
- Fill in the next field according to the field type you have chosen.
- Once done click Save.
While you add a contact you will be able to see the additional fields and values you have customized in the ‘Add Contacts’ form pop up.
Step 3 – Customize Contact Fields
Change the field names to suit your organization’s requirements and make it easier to use the tool for your needs.
Here you can customize the contact field names, change field names and configure which fields are to be displayed and which are mandatory.
- Under the Field Customization tab click on the pen icon to edit the contact field names.
- To customize fields for a contact and configuring which are to be displayed, enter the names in the “display name’ field next to the field to be customized.